Prowler-Pre-Release [was: Re: Ozone with Cocoon 2]

Hi,

For all the people who can't wait any longer - here we go. Point your
browser to http://www.softwarebuero.de/html-download/prowler-20000516.jar
and download the package (appr. 3.5 MB).

Note: This package is a pre-release! But I hope I got all the files.

This package contains

   ./         - build.xml and Makefile
   ./lib      - necessary libraries (includes ozone.jar and prowler.jar)
   ./org      - Prowler source tree
   ./samples  - swing and xsp samples

What to do?

1. install and run an ozone server; use the 'ozone.jar' to be found in the
   './lib' directory - only this server is working with Prowler!; use the
   start scripts from a public distribution, b/c I didn't include them

2. go to './samples/demo/data' and edit the file 'properties.xml'; change
   the port number of all ressources, assimilate them to your ozone setup;
   I know, this file is not documented yet, but you only need to modify the
   port numbers at this time!

3. start the class 'samples.demo.ProwlerDemo' and log in as 'root' without
   a password; you finally got it if you reach this point :-)
   you can play with the application

4. now you can try to setup Cocoon and XSP to use with Prowler-XSP-Taglib,
   but this setup is explained in a new mail

Enjoy,
Lars

PS: Feedback is  very welcome!
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de