Re: XML updates

Hi Kees,

in our technical discussion today in the morning we decided the
following design and steps to implement it into the content
management system:

   1. design an xml update language like exelon or XUL from IBM
      have; this is a very raw and low API in contrast to the
      XPath API

   2. use an available WebDAV implementation (e.g. OpenDAV) and
      implement the glue code between the DAV protocol and our
      xml update language implemented in the first step.

This makes it possible to use any DAV client on top of the CMS or
use any other client application (like your XML editor) to work
on top of the update API.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de