No Subject

On a more general level, Jetspeed is just a framework for building
portals: you can develop you own applications or "portlets" in Jetspeed
terminology that the users can subscribe to. These "portlets" are
presented in like small "windows" in your browser. Jetspeed takes care
of the "window-management", user subscription information management,
etc. So the developer can concentrate on developing these small
"portlets" that snap into the Jetspeed environment.

These portlets can be whatever kind of applications:=20
* they can be RSS portlets, as presented above
* they can be Cocoon applications, like XSP portlets
* they can be simple Java classes
* etc... plug in your favorite development technology here (and write
the wrapper for Jetspeed :-)

Now Prowler. As I understood, Prowler is an API for accessing different
kinds of "local" resources like "ozoneXML, simple file store, maybe
others" and "mail server, EJB server, SQL, whatever". And as I
understood, you have developed an XSP taglib for this API; so, it can be
used to develop XSP portlets in Jetspeed.

This is what I mean by using Jetspeed with Prowler, not instead of
Prowler.

Actually, Prowler and OzoneXML could be used in Jetspeed also, as there
was some time ago a discussion, were should the user information and
portlet registry be stored. Right now the choice was plain file system
for the sake of simplicity, but I think Ozone XML repository would be
much more appropriate for this. So, Prowler could be used to access
either the file system or any other data source without worrying where
the data is actually stored. Abstracting Jetspeed from the specifics of
the medium of storage. I'm not familiar with Prowler that much, I might
just as well be dreaming ;-)

Of course, this brings up the question, should there be yet another
product bundled with Jetspeed?

Neeme