Re: Giving it a try [was: Prowler-Pre-Release]

Hi Thomas,

thanks for this report:

Thu, 18 May 2000 Thomas Guettler wrote:
>1.
>some java-files weren't compiled jet, so

 Which files were not compiled?

>i tried to "make" them, I got
>importNode no such method in org/w3c/dom/Document
>I changed makefile.env, so that the a new version
>of xerces  was first in the classpath.

This is the problem of DOM Level 1 and DOM Level 2. Ozone 'only' supports
Level 1, where Xerces implements Level 2. So we need both interface packages.
Btw. w3c-dom.jar is not needed to compile Prowler.

>2. prowlerSwingDemo:
>+mkdir /tmp/infozone
>+fixed usermanager and um_manager like in the mail from Keen.

 Will be fixed in next release.

>3.1 missing .html files:
>index.html newUser.html prowlerLogin.html was not in .tgz, I had the

 Will include these in the next release.

>http://www.interface-business.de/~guettli/home/prowler/samples/xsp

 Thanks for this workaround.

>3.2. I've got no problem with the german language, but maybe others have

 We will change this to English - right Conny?

>3.3 .. 3.7

 We will use this, to write an INSTALL document

>3.8
> "gruppenliste anzeigen" --> anonymous -->
>       java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>
>/home/guest/guettli/public_html/home/prowler/samples/xsp/removeUserFromGroupReply.xml
>    (No such file or directory)
>3.9
>if i login with a name other than root i get
>       org.ozoneDB.infozone.prowler.xmldb.XMLDatabaseException:
>java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/infozone/bootfile (Permission
>denied)
> this file seems to be greated by the ozone and www-data (cocoon) can't
>read it.

 We will check this strange behaviour.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,