AW: XML updates

Hi Lars

> in our technical discussion today in the morning we decided the
> following design and steps to implement it into the content
> management system:
>
>    1. design an xml update language like exelon or XUL from IBM
>       have; this is a very raw and low API in contrast to the
>       XPath API
>
>    2. use an available WebDAV implementation (e.g. OpenDAV) and
>       implement the glue code between the DAV protocol and our
>       xml update language implemented in the first step.
>
> This makes it possible to use any DAV client on top of the CMS or
> use any other client application (like your XML editor) to work
> on top of the update API.

Good decision! It's more effort, but it is the right way.

These days we are looking regarding form generation for a
prowler HTML user interface and Jetspeed as application framework.

The WebDAV topic is a new aspect in this game ;-)
Has somebody experiences with such approaches like MAGI
(http://magi.endeavors.org) or GNU GLUE?

Regards,
Uwe
--