Re: understanding prowler-xsp

> The root document is like a container, but instead of
> content (xml-files) it only contains links to files.
> Am I right?
Right so far. But the links do not only point to documents, they also can
adress other resources.

> How can a link in the root-doc link to a content which is stored
> in an resource?
> The href... would be evaluated by the browser, thus
> it must lead to a .html or .xml (served by cocoon).
> Now, how do I link to a document stored in ozone, or
> a email (accessed by emailadapter)?
If you want to access a document in prowler directly (without the XSP tagset)
you can use the Prowler Producer. Add the following line to your Cocoon
properties:

producer.type.prowler = org.ozoneDB.infozone.prowler.xsp.ProwlerProducer

The Prowler Producer takes the (internal prowler) URL of the document as "url"
parameter from the http request. The complete URL could look like this:

http://www.infozone.org/prowler/virtual.xml?producer=prowler&url=document:/123456

The XML file ('virtual.xml') only forces the servlet engine to call Cocoon. It
does not need to exist. Cocoon calls the Prowler Producer and the Prowler
Producer uses only the "url" parameter to find the document.

> BTW, you are using System.err.println() in prowler.xsl.
> Are these messages visible at all?
> (my jserv gets started by a start-stop-deamon, so that
> the stderr stream is not accessible)
We use Apache and JServ and the messages go to Apache's error logfile.
I don't know where stderr is directed to if you use JServ standalone. But I'll
try to find out.

> xsp/addXLink.xml is missing.
Sorry, i forgot to check in.

Conny Krappatsch                     conny@softwarebuero.de