Re: understanding prowler-xsp

Conny Krappatsch wrote:

> > The root document is like a container, but instead of
> > content (xml-files) it only contains links to files.
> > Am I right?
> Right so far. But the links do not only point to documents, they also can
> adress other resources.

An other resource could i.e. be a RDBMS.

> > How can a link in the root-doc link to a content which is stored
> > in an resource?
> > The href... would be evaluated by the browser, thus
> > it must lead to a .html or .xml (served by cocoon).
> > Now, how do I link to a document stored in ozone, or
> > a email (accessed by emailadapter)?
> If you want to access a document in prowler directly (without the XSP tagset)
> you can use the Prowler Producer. Add the following line to your Cocoon
> properties:
>
> producer.type.prowler = org.ozoneDB.infozone.prowler.xsp.ProwlerProducer
>
> The Prowler Producer takes the (internal prowler) URL of the document as "url"
> parameter from the http request. The complete URL could look like this:
>
> http://www.infozone.org/prowler/virtual.xml?producer=prowler&url=document:/123456
>
> The XML file ('virtual.xml') only forces the servlet engine to call Cocoon. It
> does not need to exist. Cocoon calls the Prowler Producer and the Prowler
> Producer uses only the "url" parameter to find the document.

interesting, what is the syntax&semantik of  url=...?

> > BTW, you are using System.err.println() in prowler.xsl.
> > Are these messages visible at all?
> > (my jserv gets started by a start-stop-deamon, so that
> > the stderr stream is not accessible)
> We use Apache and JServ and the messages go to Apache's error logfile.
> I don't know where stderr is directed to if you use JServ standalone. But I'll
> try to find out.

I am using jserv&apache, too. I can't see anything in the logs,
except:
[22/05/2000 15:33:52:406 CEST] <servletLog>
[org.apache.cocoon.Engine@1364528442] Document processed
[22/05/2000 15:33:52:411 CEST] <servletLog>
[org.apache.cocoon.Engine@1364528442] Document formatted
[22/05/2000 15:33:52:528 CEST] <servletLog>
[org.apache.cocoon.Engine@1364528442] response sent to client

> > xsp/addXLink.xml is missing.
> Sorry, i forgot to check in.

no problem.

I heard you are planing to release a new version this evening?
Please include a sample root-document with links to resources.