Re: Announce : Quilt

Lars,

Lars Martin wrote:

> Which database vendors will include/support this spec?
> And, what about xml updates?
>
> (you see, the same questions as in the xml-server mailing list :-)

These are good questions indeed, .. for which I have no answer.

My understanding is that this language is an exercise to illustrate the
XML Query WG requirements document (it's to XML Query 99 what XQL has
been yo WML Query 98).

It may (or may not) be followed by database vendors.

Updates being out of the scope of the current requirements document is
out of the scope of the current release of Quilt as well.

I think it's something to follow though and that ozone is a nice
"container" for anyone who would like to try to implement Quilt.

> >Would be a nice candidate for ozone ;=)
>
> We don't have the time to do this, but anybody is welcome to start
> working on this.
>
> Regards,
> Lars
>
> PS: The new ozone-0.5-dev2 contains the XT XPath engine. So feal free
> to announce this on your 4xt.org site. ;-)

It's on my todo list ;=)

Eric