Re: Problems in Makefile

Hi Asad,

Tue, 23 May 2000 Asad Rao Khan wrote:
>I am trying to compile ozone but it is giving me errors saying:
>
>------------
>make -C org/odmg
>make: *** org/odmg: No such file or directory.  Stop.
>------------
>
>which makes sense, since by default (after unzipping the package) there is

Which package did you download? The last ozone distribution is 0.5-dev2 and
there _is_ an 'org' directory inside.

>no directory called "org" in OZONE_HOME. On doing a find, I see that 'org'

After unzipping the package you will find an INSTALL file in OZONE_HOME where
OZONE_HOME normally is ~/ozone. Read this file carefully - there are different
environment variables to set before compiling ozone. Follow the instructions
in this file!

>is in 'docs/api'. Is this an error in the Makefile or am I missing
>something.  Another problem is that even if I correct the path to 'org',
>there is NO Makefile in 'docs/api/org'. So it basically would not do
>anything.

The directories docs/api/... contain the ozone API documentation. The Makefile
in OZONE_HOME contains make targets for compiling java sources (target 'all')
and generating java docs (target 'docs-api'). Call 'make' in OZONE_HOME to get
ozone compiled.

Hope this helps,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de