Re: Another error

Hi Asad,

Tue, 23 May 2000 Asad Rao Khan wrote:
>I apologize for repeated messages. But I am a novice trying to get this
>ozone thing running. Here is the new error message that I am getting.

Again, read the INSTALL file!

>------------------
>mkdir castor
>mkdir: cannot make directory `castor': File exists
>make[3]: [castor-classes] Error 1 (ignored)
>cd ../../../..; ojvm org.exolab.castor.builder.SourceGenerator -i
>org/ozoneDB/tools/OPP/OzoneClassDescriptor.xsd -package
>org.ozoneDB.tools.OPP.castor
>export CLASSPATH
>export OZONE_ARGS
>export OZONE_JARS
>export VM_ARGS
>jikes +E castor/*.java
>/bin/sh: jikes: not found
>make[3]: *** [castor-classes] Error 1
>make[3]: Leaving directory
>`/afs/ir.stanford.edu/users/a/s/asadrao/ozone/org/ozoneDB/tools/OPP'
>--------------------
>
>I don't what is this 'jikes' thing. In the Makefiles in
>ozone/org/ozoneDB/tools/OPP it tries to run 'jikes', and fails.

If you don't want to use or don't have installed 'jikes', use the
environment variable OZONE_JAVAC to set it to 'javac'. Call something
like 'export OZONE_JAVAC=javac' before calling 'make'. This command
forces the ozone Makefile to use the java compiler comming with JDK.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de
softwarebuero m&b (SMB)              http://www.softwarebuero.de