RE: Runnning examples

On Tue, 01 May 2001, Rob Lapensee wrote:
> Ok, by tracing down the ozoneAdmin script and .java program, in both windows
> 2000 and UWIN (unix command in windows), I have discovered a problem.
>
> The command works under UWIN (and presumably all UNIX), but does not work
> under windows 2000.
>
> The reason is that the argument list removes the equal (=) and beaks up the
> command line.
>
> It looks like this under windows 2000:
>
> _args.length: 5
> i: 0<newuser>
> i: 1<-name>
> i: 2<jack9>
> i: 3<-id>
> i: 4<209>
>
> but it looks like this under UWIN:
>
> _args.length: 3
> i: 0<newuser>
> i: 1<-name=jack10>
> i: 2<-id=210>
>
> and here is a quick work around for windows users:
> ozoneAdmin newuser "-name=jack11"  "-id=211"
>
> this also works under UWIN (and presumably UNIX)
>
> My suggested fix for this would be to alter the documentation and the list
> of options that print from the ozoneAdmin command with no arguments.
>
> For example, the ozoneAdmin with no arguments now shows (for new user):
>
> newuser options:
>    -name=<username>
>    -id=<userid>
>
> alter it to say:
>
> newuser options:
>    "-name=<username>"
>    "-id=<userid>"
>

> and at the top put:
> 	double quotes around the -name=value are mandatory for Windows systems.

We may change the param style later. But for now this is a good workaround.
Thanks for the great work, Rob!

> If everyone is OK with this, I could fix it, except I would need to know how
> to get the AdminClient.java program back into the CVS repository.

checkout the v1_0 brach of the CVS. Do your changes. Do a 'cvs diff -u
.../AdminClient.java > patch'. And send this patch to the dev list. As soon as
this patch is in the CVS we should release 1.0.1