Re: Upgrading ozone applications

> I guess that I could live with having to do an effort to get the upgrade
> done.
> I was just wondering if somebody has solved this problem in some form ?
>
> Does Ozone work with serialization in the background ?

Yes, it does. And if you make your database objects 'Externalizable' and
implement read/writeExternal clever you can do a pretty good schema
evolution. You can use than a version number (not serialVersionUID !) , write
it in writeExternal, check it within readExternal and do additional actions
if the version number has a particular value. Thus you can avoid the normal
serialization schema evolution limitations, e.g. removing a member.

Best Regards,
Gerd
Gerd Mueller                                   mailto:gerd@smb-tec.com