Re: OPP questions

On Thu, 08 Jun 2000, Charles Benett wrote:
> Hi!
> I can get opp to work but I have three questions re ease of use:
>
> 1) Is there an easy way to feed multiple classes to the opp? Something
> like the @file capability of the Sun javac would be great.
opp [options] class1 class2 ... classN

> 2) Is there a way to get opp to act on dependent classes? To take the
> included example, if you call opp on GarageImpl, it does not
> automatically opp CarImpl - but the db needs CarImpl_Proxy.class.
There is no such way. And if we decide to improve proxy generation, then we
should consider transparent, on the fly proxy generation as suggested here on
the list some time ago.

> 3) My classes are in packages, e.g. test.db.Car. I have my source in
> directories matching the packages, e.g. src/test/db/Car.java. The
> directory src is in the classpath. I can compile the classes from any
> directory. However, I can only opp the classes by changing to the
> directory containing the classes (not src but src/test/db) even though I
> still have to call it with its package name opp test.db.CarImpl. Is
> there a way to opp classes without cd'ing?
opp -o src/test/db test.db.CarImpl

Calling opp without an option (or -h) gives a quick help - like most of the
ozone commands.