RE: JDO and OODBMS

On Fri, 09 Jun 2000, David Duddleston wrote:
> Castor's JDO was implemented before the spec came out. The current JDO spec
> is very OODBMS centrice and does not apply well to relational database
> models which Castor supports, along with other persistence options (xml flat
> file, LADP, OODBMS...). Either the JDO need to be changed or Castor will be
> forced to have it's own variant of JDO.
The most important advantage of a standard is that it is a "standard". Giving
something a name is not enough. Am I wrong here? ;)

Anyway, from what I have seen of JDO it doesn't look that OODBMS centric. What
especially prevents a RDBMS mapping tool like Castor to implement JDO?

If Castor is not able to implement JDO, then I have to double check the JDO
spec to find out if we are able to do it... ;)

Falko