RE: Prowler vs. Jetspeed [was: Prowler-Pre-Release]

Well, yes, I will contribute as much as I can ;-)
Right now, however, it means that I will be contributing mainly to
Jetspeed.
Should, however, at some point of time take some time off and play with
prowler (probably won't happen before july)... to get a better feeling
what can it be used for. Or maybe someone comes up with some good docs
before that ;-)

> [comparison Jetspeed/Infozone]
> Yes, Prowler, the CMS component of Infozone, deals with
> 'local' resources like
> XML repositories or EJB servers rather than newsfeeds or
> things like that.
> However, although is in pre-alpha stage, Prowler already
> includes a mail Content
> Adapter that allows to integrate the content of a mail server
> or mailboxes. In
> the architecture diagram of Infozone
> (http://infozone-group.org/infozone_main.html) Jetspeed is
> shown as a possible
> front-end of Infozone. Do you think this makes sense?

well... to some extent it makes sense... however, I have too little
understanding of Prowler to make any intelligent comments. Only thing, I
don't see any point in separating jetspeed into "other front-ends",
Currently I think it is more on the same level with Cocoon... And when
Cocoon2 becomes reality, Jetspeed will probably be integrated with
Cocoon...

Neeme