Re: beginner question: Ozone & java.util collections

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Don Berendsen wrote:
> Is there an Ozone example available that uses java collections (e.g.
> java.util.TreeSet) rather than the DXLib collections?
You may use Java2 collections exactly as the Dx collections. I think no sample
is needed. Just type HashSet instead of DxHashSet for example (and change
the enumerate/iterate code ;)

> As I understand the documentation all database classes in Ozone must
> implement OzoneCompatible and the remote interface and be postprocessed. I
> understand how to write the remote interface but not how to do the
> collection implementation.
Yes, all *database* classes has to postprocessed. But usually collections are
not direct database classes. But they are members of database classes. In this
case nothing special has to be done with them.

> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> cheers,
>
> donb
>
> BTW, I'm curious why the DXLib classes were used for Ozone instead of the
> standard Java collections. What's 'nifty' about them that isn't 'nifty'
> about the Java collections?
We started ozone with JDK1.0!

On the other hand we can change the implementation if needed. For example remove
all array index checks for performance reasons.