Re: build/enviroment problems

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Davide Mora wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Falko some days ago asked what we think is wrong in
> Ozone, one of this things i think it's the build and
> environment settings.
> For example, i just finished to download the 0.5dev2,
> and i took 1 hour for compile it: under windows nt
> doesnt work, there are errors in the build.xml files,
> errors in the .bat files, etc. not big problems... but
> enough for give a bad impression of Ozone.
Yes, I know. Any help here would welcome. I'm unable to test things on NT
because I don't have a NT box here!

> The build with ANT is okay, but need some other work,
> i have some ideas about this... if nobody else is
> working on this, and if you agree, i'll try to make
> the things easier.
Yes of course, go for it!

I've attached the latest version of build.xml from the CVS. Changes since
0.5-dev2 are:

	-fixed: platform independend classpath separator

	-added: property ant.home

	-fixed: inconsistency in build.compiler and opp.compiler

> Here i can test Ozone under NT and unter Solaris, i
> think it's enough for cover all the cases.
>
> Maybe can be a good idea also split the ozone.jar in N
> other jars, for example: ozone-rt.jar, ozone-adm.jar,
> etc., this will allow to use the -jar option and the
> manifest options, like the one for add jars to the
> classpath, etc. etc.
What do you mean?

> What do you think?
Thanks for your help! ;)