Re: parametric createObject()

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Davide Mora wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to use the parametric version of
> createObject(), is not clear what is the "sig"
> parameter.

The current version of the parametric version of createObject() was intended to
be by the ODMG proxies only. The sig parameter is the signature of the ctor as
String. The sig is used to quickly determine the ctor object that has to be
used. A 'public' version would need to find the proper ctor object from the
parameter objects. The drawback is that inside the ctor code the database()
method isn't available. No db operations can be performed because the target
object is not yet linked to its container. Maybe it's better to not comment the
parametric createObject() to avoid confusion? Anyway, a init() method should
work, no matter what we decide regarding the createObject() method.