Re: BLOBs and transaction (misleading BLOB example?)

"David V. Olivier" wrote:

> I sent a previous post that I was experiencing a problem with the
> persistence of data in BLOBs.  As long as the same database instance was
> open I could read and write data, but if I closed and reopened the
> database, the blob was there but the data was gone.  Finally after much
> trial and error I discovered that if I wrap the blob creation and write in
> a transaction, the data is persistent.
>
> I didn't find this idiosyncrasy in any of the documentation that comes with
> Blobs although I eventually found it briefly mentioned in the documentation
> for ExternalTransactions.  The Blob examples seem to be misleading, because
> although one of them uses an explicit transaction for reading, none of them
> use transactions for creating or writing blobs.  When I modified the
> example to close and reopen the database before reading, I had the same
> problem; the blob was persistent but the data wasn't (note: I also modified
> the example to run on a local database, but I don't think that should make
> a difference).  Is anyone aware of more detailed documentation on the use
> of transactions with blobs?
>
> Thought I'd pass it along. Thanks.
Hi David,

Thanks, it sounds like you found out quite a bit on this subject. We are
in the process of creating a documentation project for Ozone. We have
all the tools working for DocBook and transforming the XML to HTML and
PDF with XSLT/FOP. If you are interested in helping out, we could use
the help. Please join the ozone-dev list if you are interested.

Anybody else that is interested can join as well.

Eric