Remote stubs change object id

Hi,
I have very weird behaviour going on. Using 1.0.1

I have a class People which holds a list of Person Objects.
I create the People object once and create a Person to put in the list
in a method with a transaction. boolean addPerson(Person p); /*update*/
on the interface.

My implementation uses an array list inside the People class. I
deleteObject the Person reference given the list and exit. So there is a
dangling proxy in the list as I don't remove it from the list. The next
time I run the main I add the person again so this time there are two
Person Objects in the list but they have both have the same ID.

Here is some output.
run3
People: class PeopleImpl_Proxy remoteID:75141
Person added: true
Num People: 3
Created: Fri Jun 22 10:50:04 MDT 2001
Person: class PersonImpl_Proxy remoteID:75185
Person: class PersonImpl_Proxy remoteID:75185
Person: class PersonImpl_Proxy remoteID:75185
deconnected...

run4
People: class PeopleImpl_Proxy remoteID:75141
Person added: true
Num People: 4
Created: Fri Jun 22 10:50:04 MDT 2001
Person: class PersonImpl_Proxy remoteID:75215
Person: class PersonImpl_Proxy remoteID:75215
Person: class PersonImpl_Proxy remoteID:75215
Person: class PersonImpl_Proxy remoteID:75215
deconnected...

As you can see the People class is the same across runs but somehow the
dangling proxies pick up the ID of the newly created one.

Any help appreciated,
Eric