Re: bug in importNode?

Hi Eduard,

sorry for the delay.

On Mit, 05 Jul 2000, Eduard Niess wrote:
> i´m using Cocoon 1.7.4 and wrote an ozone processor for it.
>
> during the tests i found a propable bug in the importNode implementation:
>
> if i convert the nodes to memory before i use importNode everythings
> works well, but if i don´t convert them to memory the attribute values
> of elemets are missing, e.g.
>
>     <LINK MANAGER="M.Pogue"/>
>
> becomes
>
>     <LINK MANAGER/>

This is your generated XML output without DOM conversion? Strange, b/c it's no
valid XML syntax. Is it possible to have a look at your sources, b/c the
DOMConverter.class works very well in all _our_ test cases.

> The other thing is i can´t figure out how to set groupRead permissions
> for a document...

Currently all stored XML documents and nodes get public read and write
permissions. There is no other way except changing the ozone DOM implementation
to get an other (wanted) behaviour. Have a look at
'org/ozoneDB/xml/dom/DocumentImpl.java' and change the 'createObject' method
calls to 'createObject (<className>, <access>)'.

Lars
Lars Martin                                lars@softwarebuero.de
SMB - softwarebuero m&b              http://www.softwarebuero.de