Re: Multiple XML's

On Tue, 12 Aug 2036, bhat prashanth wrote:
> hi,
>
> I want to know if there is some other way of retrieving XML data from the
> database other than Query.java the one given in the ozone samples. the problem
> is in case of retrieving data from multiple XML's consecutively.
> It takes a lot of time to parse each each XML DOM to get the data. OR can u
> use some transaction threads for simultaneous XML Processing to reduce time
> involved in serial access. Please suggest some way.
Take a look at the Convert.java sample. This uses the org.ozoneDB.xml.util
package to produce transient DOM before accessing it which is much faster than
directly working on the persistent DOM.

> 2)Is there any method to set user permissions in ozoneAdmin. what about the
> user groups and acess rights?.
There is no such method in ozoneAdmin yet. Right now the only way to set access
rights is on createObject() time.

> can the XML Document stored by one user in the database be queried and
> aceessed by any other user.
Yes. Lars has changed default access right of XML to Public I think.

> sometimes i get User does not have proper access rights error and on the
> second try i am able to retieve the document. why?
For the same XML document and the same user - different results? Strange.