Re: Release 0.5 - Problems, Comments & Suggestions

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Charles Benett wrote:
> Falko Braeutigam wrote:
> > > PROBLEM - MAJOR
> > > Err, something seems to have broken in 0.5.  I get the folllowing error
> > > message in 0.5 but nothing in 0.4
> > >From the server stack trace it seems that you are using old style proxies
> > (pre 0.5devX) that send complete method name and signature instead of just an
> > index. They should work also with 0.5 server but in your case they don't.
> > Building new proxies should fix this problem.
> Woops! My bad. I thought I'd recompiled with 0.5 but I hadn't. My
> apologies works fine now.
>
> Somewhere between 0.4 and 0.5 the signature for db.objectForName() seems
> to have changed. It now throws a java.lang.Exception which it didn't
> before.
Yes. Just for symmetry reasons. All OzoneInterface method throw Exception.

> > > SUGGESTION
> > > If you have ant installed elsewhere, you may want to make sure that the
> > > ozone version is in your path before any other versions of ant. I think
> > > there is some ozone-specific stuff in there.
> Further to that, while I needed the ozone version of ant in my path to
> compile ozone, I had to take it out to use existing build.xml's in my
> own projects. It might be handy to note this in a FAQ.
I will add a hint to the INSTALL file to make sure that people will become
aware of this.

> Now have ozone0.5 working (ie doing as much as I was doing with 0.4).
> Hurrah!
:)

BTW: Charles, our mail list doesn't add reply-to headers to the mails. So, in
order to reply to the mail list you have to hit the Reply All button or
whatever it's called in your mail reader. Or wasn't this mail meant to be sent
to the list?

SMB GmbH                                   http://www.softwarebuero.de