From: Falko Braeutigam [mailto:falko@softwarebuero.de]
Sent: mercoledì 12 luglio 2000 17.22
To: Zucca Mario; ozone-users@ozone-db.org
Subject: Re: Help with sample

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Zucca Mario wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm new to ozone, I just installed it :)
>
> I'm trying to run the XML Sample. I started ozone and created a user.
> When I try to start the Store class I get the following message:
>
> F:\ozone\samples\XML>java Store
> filename: test.xml
> hostname: localhost
> Started at 963409280667
> parse into memory time: 290 ms
> test.xml
> java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.ozoneDB.xml.util.OzoneDOMParser.storeDocument(OzoneDOMParser.jav
> :98)
>         at Store.store_parseAtClientSide(Store.java:85)
>         at Store.main(Store.java:63)
>
> Any suggestions ?

It seems that you are working with an old (pre 0.5) version of ozone. This
makes debugging very hard because the line numbers have changed a lot and so
it's nearly impossible to follow your stack trace against the current source
tree. Please upgrade to the latest version 0.5.1 and try again.

SMB GmbH                                   http://www.softwarebuero.de