Re: Problems with encoding

Hi,

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I ran into following problem when retrieving XML documents from ozone
> database.
>
>   I store file pb.xml (with XML.Store example)
>
> pb.xml:
> <raport/>
>
>   Now I retrieve it with XML.Load to file pb2.xml and get:
>
> pb2.xml:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <raport/>
>
>   How to get encoding correct? I'm using Ozone 0.5.4.
>
> Andrzej.

I think there is no way to do this with the current ozone DOM implementation.
ozone comes with a modified/patched but persistent OpenXML dom. Currently we
rework the dom code to allow usage of any dom implementation, Xerces, Sun-XML
or whatever. With this it should be possible to save encoding information in
the database. We will test it as soon as we have some working code in the cvs.

Lars
Lars Martin                                lars@softwarebuero.de
SMB GmbH                             http://www.softwarebuero.de