From: "Falko Braeutigam" <falko@softwarebuero.de>
To: <ozone-users@ozone-db.org>
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 1:16 AM
Subject: Fwd: Permission Request for XML Handbook, 3rd Ed., Charles Goldfarb

> Hi all,
>
> I just received a request to grant non-exclusive worldwide distribution
rights
> of ozone code and documentation to Prentice Hall. They will include this
into
> "The XML Handbook, Third Edition". Our (L)GPL license does allow this
anyway.
> Am I right? Does anybode know "The XML Handbook"?
>
> Also, we need just 4 more subscribers to reach the 200 mark :) C'mon
people, it
> should be that difficult to find some people who are interested in OO and
XML
> database... ask your colleagues, friends, wifes to subscribe the list ;)
>
> As Lars already mentioned, currently we are trying to improve the XML
storage
> features of ozone. We need your help here. There are some disadvantages
with
> the current ozone DOM implementation that we want to avoid in the next
version.
> So please, send all your experiences, ideas, wishes regarding ozone/XML.
> Especially experiences with real world applications would help.
>

> Falko

> Subject: Permission Request for XML Handbook, 3rd Ed., Charles Goldfarb
> Date: 29 Jul 2000 15:01:48 -0400
> From: Lisa_Iarkowski@prenhall.com
>

> Charles F. Goldfarb and Paul Prescod, authors of the forthcoming Prentice
Hall book, "The XML Handbook, Third Edition," would like to include the
documentation and code for Ozone on the CD-ROM accompanying the book. The
agreement will appear on the CD-ROM.

> We would very much appreciate hearing from you on this matter via return
e-mail prior to August 18, our due date for including software on the
CD-ROM. Please direct your response to Peter S. Snell at
peter_snell@prenhall.com.

> If you are not the appropriate person to consider this request, I would be
grateful if you would direct this message to that person and notify me so
that I can update our records.

> Thank you in advance.
>
> TO: Charles F. Goldfarb and Paul Prescod
> c/o Peter S. Snell - Prentice Hall Publishers
>
> I(we) grant you permission to include documentation and code for Ozone in
the book "The XML Handbook, Third Edition" to be published by Prentice Hall
publishers in the Charles F. Goldfarb Series on Open Information Management,
and grant you non-exclusive worldwide distribution rights.

> I(we) also grant you permission to include documentation and code for
Ozone on any future book in the Charles F. Goldfarb Series on Open
Information Management published by Prentice Hall Publishers, and grant you