Re: looking for createObject w/param example

On Wed, 02 Aug 2000, Don Berendsen wrote:
> I am having problems creating database objects using
>
> createObject(java.lang.String className,
>                                int access,
>                                java.lang.String name,
>                                java.lang.String sig,
>                                java.lang.Object[] args)
>
> Can someone please provide me with an example of the proper use of this
> method. I'm not familiar with method signatures and suspect my method
> signature parameter is incorrect and would appreciate a good example or
> reference for this.

This method was intended to be used internally for the special ODBMS proxies
only. So there is no documentation or sample how to use it. If we want this to
be part of the general API, then it would be cool, if someone could implement
a version of the method that automatically creates the signature string from
the args array.

Anyway, basically the signature string looks like:

[args[0].getClass().getName()]|[args[1].getClass().getName()|...]

But keep in mind that the formal method parameter type need not to be exactly
the same as the actual types of the parameters: the formal parameter type may
be 'Object' but you can call the method with a 'String' parameter. The above
signature string must contain 'java.lang.Object' in this case.

SMB GmbH                                   http://www.softwarebuero.de