Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2000 1:19 AM
Subject: Fwd: OODB query interface

Hi all,

Carl has started a new initiative for the creation of a new, OODBMS query
interface. Find his roundmail in the attachment.

People, a query language is something that many of you have asked for. Carls
approach is very interesting. It conbines advantages of a real object oriented
architecture and a descriptive query language like SQL.

Carl is working on commercial (closed) software. However, the query interface
specification will be developed in a totally open manner. Carl, and maybe
others, will probably implement the specification in commercial software. But
if we decide to work on the specification, then we have the chance to make the
specification real ozone-friendly (in contrast to other specification like OQL
and JDO). And we will have the chance to provide the first and hopefully the
best implementation of the specification under an open source license.

So, if anybody is interested in such a cool thing, then jump in and help with
the specification and implementation.

Falko