Re: OODB query interface

>   1) Normal set algebra on objects (joins etc)
>
>   2) Filtering, that is selecting subsets of objects that meet certain
>      criteria (like WHERE clauses)
>
>   3) Following references.

This is a subset what OQL offers at the moment. I am sorry that my post is
a little out of context, but could somebody remind me what is the very
purpose of this (reinventing) object oriented query language?
I understand that OQL is not perfect, and indeed migh have been improved,
but maybe instead doing things from scratch it would be better to be based
on existing standards?  If the issue is only with API, maybe reusing "OQL
algebra" and creating a low level API to all supported operations would be
the answer.

I just missed the begining, sorry if I sound out of context here.

cheers
Mariusz