Re: OODB query interface

> This is a subset what OQL offers at the moment. I am sorry that my post is
> a little out of context, but could somebody remind me what is the very
> purpose of this (reinventing) object oriented query language?
> I understand that OQL is not perfect, and indeed migh have been improved,
> but maybe instead doing things from scratch it would be better to be based
> on existing standards?

No, I don't think you are off the track. If you exchange reinventing with
revising above, you answer your own question, at least in my view of the
problem, in the middle two lines:

> purpose of this (revising of the current) object oriented query language
(s)?
> I understand that OQL is not perfect, and indeed migh have been improved,

It is not so much about the very query language, but about the query
interface as a whole. That touches the features that OO QLs offer, as well
as the languages themselves.

Read Carl's initial paper, where he outlines his ideas.