Re: Has anyone looked at GOODS?

Timothy Reaves wrote:

>     I was wanting to know if anyone here has looked at GOODS.
> http://www.ispras.ru/~knizhnik/goods.html
> If so, any comparison to Ozone would be appreciated.  I'm interested in
> a functionality or usabiliy comparison.
Hello,
it's a few month ago, I've looked at GOODS, not sure if something
happend since then. GOODS is - in contrast to Ozone - written in C++ and
only Java-API is - of course - in Java.
I think from it's architecture it looks quite nice, since there is a
possibility to have more then one server sharing the objects etc. GOODS
uses it's own "MOP" (Meta Object Processor) to postcompile Java-Binaries
in order to make them "persistent capable". I had some problems using
MOP in the beginning because the documentation is very small, and it
seems buggy.
I think also the transactional behaviour is flexible, mechanism like
pessismistic and optimistic locking are supported, also distributed TAs
over more than one server. But nevertheless GOODS didn't implement
XA-interfacesses.
In contrast to ozone GOODS only uses exactly *one* named root object.