Re: omquery.jar is missing from ozoneenv.bat

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Andreas Kasparz wrote:
> Falko Braeutigam wrote:

> > > No! This construct is nice (for W NT/2000), but not doesn't run under 95/98!
> > What's the problem on 95/98? Any suggestions? Please!
>
> Marcus uses a trick which works only with the cmd.exe on NT:
>
>    (1) for %%i in (%OZONE_HOME%\bin\*.jar) do call :buildOzonePath %%i
Isn't this f*cking win able to do the 'set OZONE_CL...' line right here inside
the loop?

>    (2) goto exitEnv
>
>    (3) :buildOzonePath
>    (4) set OZONE_CLASSPATH=%OZONE_CLASSPATH%;%1
>    (5) goto exitEnv
>
>    (6) :exitEnv
>
> In line 1 he make a **call** to a **internal** label (:buildOzonePath)
> and this construct doesn't works with the 95/98 command.com.
> The portable way is:
>
>    .
>    .
>    .
>    SET OZONE_CLASSPATH=%OZONE_CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\xerces.jar
>    SET OZONE_CLASSPATH=%OZONE_CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\omquery.jar
>    SET OZONE_CLASSPATH=%OZONE_CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\samples
>    .
>    .
>    .
>
> But there is also another contradiction. Suppose, you provide different
> versions of the same classlibrary (xerces.jar, xerces_1.1000.jar) i.e.
> for testing reasons, then the construct from marcus will collect all
> of them in the OZONE_CLASSPATH. And this also in a possible uncontrolled
> order.

Yes, I see your point. But on th other hand, adding new JARs to the ozoneEnv
script by hand will cause such problems again and again. And, on Linux
dynamically generation of the CLASSPATH has been perfectly working for months
now. So personally I would prefer a dynamic version.