BLOB question - Subclassing BLOBContainerImpl

I've been working with Ozone for the last 3 weeks and it's impressive. What a great find. I hope that all the contributors to Ozone have a real sense of accomplishment and pride in their efforts. Let's see what you can do next!

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with a design issue I'm currently wrestling with. I'm working on an application where I want to use a BLOBContainers to store the contents of  HTML documents. Currently I'm using a Vector to store the collection of documents.

In one approach I defined a "Document" class as an OzoneObject.  The class contained a BLOBContainer. When running the application, I noted that the clusters being created didn't look like they were using BLOB pages. I arrived at this conclusion by seeing that the cluster size was 64k or less. I noticed when doing some prototyping and creating BLOBContainers directly (rather than having them contained in a persistent object) that the cluster size was over 100k.

In the second approach, I made the "Document" class a subclass of BLOBContainerImpl. (i.e. I had an interface "Document" that extends BLOBContainer and a class DocumentImpl that extends BLOBContainerImpl and implements Document).  This also resulted in the same problem where it appears BLOB pages are not being used.

Is it required that the BLOBContainerImpl class NOT be subclassed to work properly? Or am I simply doing something wrong? I'd be grateful for any suggestions.