Using ozone as a persistent DOM

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was any way in which
you can optimise ozone for usage as a persistent DOM? We are wanting
to use ozone in our project to solve a memory problem we had with
large sets of XML documents, or simply one large document, not being
able to fit in memory. We do not need to worry about things like
problems being caused by concurrent access to the database, since this
will not occur, so I thought there may be a way to speed ozone up by
avoiding unnecessary operations required only for this sort of
purpose?

Thanks,

Susannah.