RE: Scalibility of Ozone

> I'm new to Ozone, and am looking at it to use for a document management
> system. I'm interested in any ideas anyone can give me in regards to its
> scalability (max users, TPS, database size).  In our situation,
> we'll have
> maybe 100 users, have no more than about 20 TPS, and will be likely to
> store up to 200GB of data. Can Ozone support this?
>
> I'm also interested in how (if?) other people are using Ozone for 3 tier
> apps, especially with corba. Is the penalty of the two remote calls
> (Client -> App Server -> Ozone) going to be significant? Should I instead
> look at incorporating corba into the Ozone objects, and having the client
> call them? Has nobody else done these things and I'll be the
> first to test them?

I haven't used Corba with Ozone, but there is a problem with the Ozone
concurrency/semaphore setup that will definately be kicking in at 20 TPS and
causing you trouble. One of the people working with the Twilight Minds
Dynamic Engine project on SourceForge is looking at that issue -- I believe
he and Falko have been communicating on that topic just recently.

Reason
http://www.exratio.com/