Re: java Collections

On Thursday 16 August 2001 21:12, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm considering using ozone for a project (just started looking at it), but
> looking through the API documentation, I find no implementations of
> java.util.Map, java.util.SortedMap, java.util.Set, java.util.SortedSet,
> which I need.  I found a few implementations of other java collections in
> package org.ozoneDB.odmg.  I need these collections to contain thousands or
> perhaps millions of objects, so keeping the entire collection in memory at
> once (such as the standard java implementations do) will not work.  Any
> suggestions?

At the moment there are no such collections but it would be nice to have
them. I would need them too for the TM4J ozone binding (a topic map
implementation). So, we could start a subproject of ozone for such
collections (?).

> I am not so much interested in a database which allows inserts and queries
> by identity, but rather a database which consists of (a potentially quite
> large graph of) persistent objects, which may be accessed by "reachability"
> of member methods and fields.  Quoting from the ozone site, "The main goal
> of ozone is to add persistence and transactions to the Java object model in
> a transparent manner. ozone applications should look and work like ordinary
> Java applications."  That would be quite nice.

And IMHO it richs this goal. In TM4J we store a complete topic graph in ozone
which works quit well.

Best Regards,
Gerd