(no subject)

a small question

my objects from within the db must be able to update themselves ...
using a private update function
( trigered by a clock or an event ) and requesting from an agent object
outside the db data.
since this is private it can not be added on the interface ... on the
other hand it is an update and i guess
it should be marked as such ...
so should I define it as public and add it to the interface ?

an other idea that seems to be funny is the fact of having a transaction
initiated from within towards the outside
is this ok ?

if an object from within needs to store an XML doc that it receives from
outside does it need to start a
transaction as in the samples/XML ?