Re: (no subject)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, you wrote:
> a small question
>
> my objects from within the db must be able to update themselves ...
> using a private update function

There is no way doing this currently. Message driven "beans" (objects) are not
there. All operations have to be initiated by the client. The server is 100%
passive.

> ( trigered by a clock or an event ) and requesting from an agent object
> outside the db data.

Database object cannot "request" something from the outside. A poll from the
client is the only solution I can think of. (or anybody will implement
something like message driven objects)

> since this is private it can not be added on the interface ... on the
> other hand it is an update and i guess
> it should be marked as such ...
> so should I define it as public and add it to the interface ?
>
> an other idea that seems to be funny is the fact of having a transaction
> initiated from within towards the outside
> is this ok ?
>
> if an object from within needs to store an XML doc that it receives from
> outside does it need to start a
> transaction as in the samples/XML ?

There is no way to start transactions from a database object inside the db.
Nested transactions are not allowed.