Ozone Class Descriptor

The tutorial on the ozone-db.org site mentions that an Ozone Class Descriptor can
be used to annotate update methods for remote interfaces, but I have not been able
to find any information on how to do so.  I have looked through the documentation
and the mailing list archives.

1)  Is there documentation available, including a sample OCD that I can work from?

2)  My interest in using the OCD is that I do not want to put ozone dependencies in
the source interfaces, as a general principle.  Furthermore, in many cases the user
will not be able to modify the source interfaces if they are third-party.  When
using an OCD, is the interface still required to extend OzoneRemote, and if yes,
why?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Newsham