Re: Ozone Class Descriptor

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, you wrote:
> The tutorial on the ozone-db.org site mentions that an Ozone Class Descriptor can
> be used to annotate update methods for remote interfaces, but I have not been able
> to find any information on how to do so.  I have looked through the documentation
> and the mailing list archives.
>
> 1)  Is there documentation available, including a sample OCD that I can work from?

samples/simple/AutoImpl.ocd

> 2)  My interest in using the OCD is that I do not want to put ozone dependencies in
> the source interfaces, as a general principle.  Furthermore, in many cases the user
> will not be able to modify the source interfaces if they are third-party.

True. But there are also pitfalls. Like EJB deployment descriptors the ozone
descriptor is hard to maintain. Each and every change to the signature of an
object has to be done twice and, moreover, no compiler checks correctness.

> When
> using an OCD, is the interface still required to extend OzoneRemote, and if yes,
> why?

Good question. I'm not sure. Maybe with some changes in the core (cast
problems) this could be avoided.