From: Zucca Mario [mailto:M.Zucca@datasiel.net]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 3:24 PM
To: ozone-users@ozone-db.org
Subject: Socket error ?

I'm trying to connect from a Windows2000 client to an ozone Linux server.

Using the XML Query sample I get the following exception:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:312)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:125)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:112)
        at org.ozoneDB.DxLib.net.DxClient.<init>(DxClient.java:37)
        at org.ozoneDB.core.DbRemote.DbClient.<init>(DbClient.java:37)
        at
org.ozoneDB.core.DbRemote.DbRemoteClient.<init>(DbRemoteClient.java:24)
        at org.ozoneDB.RemoteDatabase.newConnection(RemoteDatabase.java:100)
        at
org.ozoneDB.ExternalDatabase.connectionForThread(ExternalDatabase.java:315)
        at org.ozoneDB.RemoteDatabase.open(RemoteDatabase.java:72)
        at org.ozoneDB.RemoteDatabase.open(RemoteDatabase.java:52)
        at XML.Query.main(Query.java:98)

Any suggestions ?
The Unix socket is open. Do I have to start an rmiregistry process ?

Bye