Re: Update a Ozone Object

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Saravanan Bellan wrote:
> This could be a dumb question, but how do you update a XML document object
> stored in Ozone. I see methods for creating, deleting, copying but no
> update.
>
> All I want to do is,
>
> Database Open
> doc = Database , ObjectForName
> Use DOM API to make some changes on doc
> Submit doc.

Well, ozone's DOM is _inherently_ persistent: just commit the transaction and
all your changes are reflected in the database. This does not just work
for DOM this works for all kind of objects stored in ozone. This is the
architecture of ozone and this makes up its actual power.

Excuse this somewhat emotional answer ;) But it sometimes seemes to me that this
very basic point of ozone is not well known. Or am I wrong here?