RE: OOQuery Language

Falko wrote:

>Wouldn't it be easier to to all this in just one environment: XML? I mean,
>why not transfering the data content into XML and using XPath (or another
>XML
>query lang when available) to define the content of the report?

The intent is to use the query language implementation to do the
'transfering the data content into XML' part, everything else is in the XML
environment. The query will do the selection of the subset of the content in
ozone that is specific to the report along with sufficient structure and
sort data to construct the report. This requires executing methods for data
retrieval, evaluating expressions based on the data retrieved, and 'joining'
the data, all of which is driven runtime parameters. If there is an easier
way to retrieve and structure a particular subset of ozone data that is
specified at runtime and put it into XML it would be great.

cheers,

don