Index out of bounds exception

An error is occuring in my application and I can't figure out the cause. The
code had worked fine in earlier versions of ozone.

When

    public void loadItems(String responses) {QSItemLoader.loadQSItems(this,

is executed the following error occurs:

        at
au.com.harrison.innerview.questionnaire.QuestionnaireSessionImpl_Proxy.loadItems(QuestionnaireSessionImpl_Proxy.java:144)
        at
au.com.harrison.innerview.util.ProfileeDataLoader.loadProfilees(ProfileeDataLoader.java:81)
        at
au.com.harrison.innerview.util.ProfileeDataLoader.loadProfilees(ProfileeDataLoader.java:21)
        at
au.com.harrison.innerview.InnerViewDB.initMain(InnerViewDB.java:83)
        at au.com.harrison.innerview.InnerViewDB.<init>(InnerViewDB.java:65)
        at au.com.harrison.innerview.InnerViewDB.main(InnerViewDB.java:48)

The QuestionnaireSessionImpl_Proxy class is newly created.

QSItemLoader.loadQSItems(this, responses) is a static method. The error
apparently occurs before this method begins to execute. Can anyone give me
an idea of what I should look for to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Don