Re: [ozone-dev] Ozone and jBoss

Hi,

> I have been charged with looking at integrating Ozone and jBoss with regards
> to implementing Container Managed Persistence (CMP). I am not sure, however,
> that Ozone is a good choice and I would like some opinions.
>
> First of all, is it even possible? Bare in mind that for EJB support, you
> must be able to execute 'finder' queries which return result sets. That
> means a query language and I believe Ozone doesn't have one, navigation (I
> presume) being done by well known root objects and persistence by
> reachability.

That's right, at the moment there is no query language but as you may have
noticed there are discussions in the ozone-users list about that. I'm not that
familar with EJB, so I don't know what is necessary for 'finders'. Do we really
need an query language for that ? If yes, it could be really difficult to use
ozone for CMP at the moment.

> If it is possible, has anyone tried to do something similar with it already?

As far as I know you are the first one :)

> Basically, I'm looking for opinions on how Ozone could be used for CMP if at
> all. Any help would be appreciated. Also, since jBoss is now part of a fully
> commercial supported product called openJoda, it would do Ozone no harm to
> be associated with jBoss.

Best Regards,
Gerd

Gerd Mueller                                    gerd@smb-tec.com