XML document too large for storing ?

Hy, I have the following problem with ozone-0.5.5:

- I installed ozone-0.5.5 successfully under Win NT 4.0, compiled it with
Sun's jdk1.3

- If I try the samples/XML/Store.java example with the sample XML-file
test2.xml a java.lang.StackOverflowError comes up. With the much shorter
'test.xml' file it is no problem to store the DOM.

- The error doesn't occur when the DOM was created from the XML-file with
Xerces but later when the DOM shall be stored in the ozone-DB:

Example:

// create a XercesDOM Parser object
domParser = new XercesDOMParser();

// parse document
doc = domParser.parse("test2.xml");

System.out.println ("DOM parsing ok.");

converter = (DOMConverter)database.createObject
(DOMConverterImpl.class.getName ());

// !!!! HERE the error occurs
Document myDoc = (Document) converter.convertDOM (doc, "test2.xml");

Is this a known problem or did I make something wrong.

Thanks,
   Henning