ozone news

Hi all,

I've just commited some important changes to the CVS:

1. The entire ozone code follows now the Code Conventions for the Java
Programming Language
(http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConvTOC.doc.html).
The current code was converted by jAnalyzer provided by Infozone Group
(http://infozone-group.org).

2. The new ozone/XML code is available in the main branch of the CVS. The API
is much more clear now. However, it is still subject to change. Check the
current version and send your comments.

3. Besides there are many other changes. Please help me to test them. As soon
as the new code has stabilized a bit I will make a new release.
Here is the changes list so far:

- build.[sh|bat] added; use these scripts instead of directly calling ant

- new *.bat scripts incorporated; thanks to Andreas Kasparz
      <andy@interface-business.de> all the others who send hints comments and
      patches

- new schema to open a database: instead of creating an instance of Remote/
      LocalDatabase, there is now a static factory method that gets properties
      out of a Hashtable of properties and/or an database URL

- new callback methods onCreate()/onDelete() added; OzoneCompatible.done() is
      obsolete now and is no longer supported - check your code!

- DxLib: sub-table size adjustable; sub-tables are compressed before storing

- DxLib.net: onClientException() added to handle parameter serialization
      problems; this also affects InvoServer and AdminPort

- WizardStore: default sub-table size of the ID table changed to 11/10 bit;
      this reduces number of sub-tables (files on disk, OS overhead); on the
      other hand this reduces number of tables in buffer from 100 (8 bit) to
      15 (11 bit)

- ExternalTransaction: getStatus() implemented; some minor changes in the core
      to support this

- ExternalDatabase: currentTransaction() added; this allows the client to find
      out if the current thread has already joined a transaction

- XML: ozone/XML code and API completely reworked; uses Stefano Mazzocchi's
      compiled XML format for efficient communication between client and
      server; the entire API is now in org.ozoneDB.xml.util.XMLContainer

- XML: support for DOM2 (Xerces) interfaces added; this is just to get rid of
      the w3c-dom.jar, we do not really implement DOM2 yet

- XML: xmlForObject() methods added to the API (org.ozoneDB.OzoneInterface);
      these methods allow to get a XML representation of each database object

- Server: hint the VM to call the GC if there are no transactions