Re: Newbie: How to query for an object?

Falko:

> Neil, please such discussions in the mail list.

Yes, I am sorry about that. I guess I just hit the reply
button.

> > If I use db.createObject( className ), I dont have a name
> > associated with the object.
> >
> > If I do not have a reference to this object from a named
> > object, it is completely non-reachable.
> Wrong! The _proxy_ is the primary reference to the object, not the name. The
> root names are just a way to give the client the first entry to the object
> graph, nothing more. Maybe root names are comparable to database names of
> RDBMSs.

Let me clarify:

Lets assume that I use an application to create a bunch of
objects in the database.

When it creates these objects, it will create them
with the db.createObject(className) method so that
they are not named.

After creating the objects, this application exits.

What happens to these objects?  Are they reachable?

Thanks,
	Neil.

--
Neil Aggarwal, President & CEO