Re: Newbie: How to query for an object?

On Fri, 03 Nov 2000, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> Falko:
>
> > Store the newly created objects in one (or more) collections which inturn are
> > parts of your business object, and give this business object a name. The
> > tutorial and the samples show how to do this.
>
> OK, I think I finally got it.  I guess I am too used to
> query languages (I used OQL very extensively in my past
> projects).
>
> Do you know if the getObjectsOfClass is going to be
> implemented soon?  Should I look into implementing it
> and contributing it?

IMO objectsOfCLass() would mislead programmers to use a class as a collection
which in fact it isn't and it isn't a good idea to change this. For example:
imagine a class PersonImpl. This is a general class that might be used in
several inhouse applications of your company. Those applications are used by
different people but all using the same server. If one of the aaplications call
objectsOfClass() it assumes that all Persons are related to it, which might not
be true...