Re: XMLContainer & LinuxPPC Install

Falko,

Thanks for your suggestion.  That seems to have done it.

RobK, you wrote:

>I'm trying to get ozone working
>on my LinuxPPC 1999Q3 (Derived from Redhat 6.0)
>box.
>
>Using ant I get something that says signo(11) (from memory).
>Which doesn't look very promising, again I will post
>the full text of the error.

I have the latest Yellow Dog Linux/ppc distribution on a machine at
home.  I do not remember what glibc and kernel version the LinuxPPC Q3
release has, but did you check that you have something newer than glibc
2.1.3 (I thought LinuxPPC 1999 came with 2.1.1 but I could be wrong) and
kernel 2.2.14pre6.  I was getting signo 11 errors at one point when I first
installed 1.3 on an earlier version linuxppc which I think were a result of
threads... the download page for the Java PPC Linux port says these are
required for working threads with 1.3.

I do not remember if I built Ozone on that machine or if I built it at work
and just installed it on the LinuxPPC machine at home, but I'd be willing
to assist in any way if needed (for instance, I can get a new copy and see
if it compiles on it tonight if you'd like)...

Kevin